Wednesday, May 12, 2010

I Miss God - Wandering for 40 years?

Every night before my daughter's bedtime we read a story from "The Beginner's Bible." Of course it's very simplified (and if I was completely honest... watered down) but I'm always amazed at how re-reading the stories I have come to know like the back of my hand still strike me in different ways.

Last night we were reading about the Israelites and how they wandered for 40 years. Man. That's crazy talk. I feel like I've been searching around for WAY too long all ready... I certainly hope I don't have 36 more years of this to go!

Even still, it was somewhat of an encouragement to me. We're not alone. We're not freaks of spirituality. We're human. We're on a journey. And I have faith that we'll get there at some point! Keep one foot in front of the other until then!

No comments: