Monday, February 6, 2012

I Miss God- Endurance

I've recently begun training for my first ever 5k. I've never been a runner, so I'm surprised at how easily I seem to be tolerating the training... walk a little run a little... By the end of the week I'm supposed to run 20 minutes straight. I don't see how that will be possible, but I'm guessing since it's part of the training somehow my body is going to cooperate. I was pondering all of that this morning and wouldn't you know this verse was forwarded to my inbox:

For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow.

~ James 1:3

I thought for sure by now (four years in) God would have reset the way he speaks to me. I desperately wish things were different but for today... I'm chalking it up to my growing endurance.