Thursday, July 8, 2010

I Miss God - Give It Back

Heard this song a few weeks ago and felt it was somewhat of an anthem for us... the God Googlers.

Sixpence None The Richer - "Amazing Grace" (Give it Back) off the My Dear Machine ep.



I knew a song that played in me
It seems I've lost the melody
So please, lord, give it back to me
Yeah please lord, give it back to me
Years in the desert with no drink
Strike the rock, make it bleed
And please lord, give it back to me
Yeah please lord, give it back to me

If you'll blow on the embers
The light will shine on my face
The streams will run in the desert
And sing amazing grace

You're everywhere in every time
And yet you're alwyas hard to find
So please, lord, I don't wanna sign
No please lord, I don't wanna sign

I need your breath on the embers
I need the light on my face
I need the streams in the desert
That sing amazing grace
That sing amazing grace

No comments: