Wednesday, July 21, 2010

I Miss God - Words of encouragement

So, I just read through several more comments on my original post "I Miss God". I am so in awe of the fact that people continue to share their thoughts and create this place of encouragement for the next person searching for God online.

I just got a batch of Bible verses in my inbox and they are smacking me in the face. Thought I'd share a few words of encouragement.

For I am waiting for you, O Lord. You must answer for me, O Lord my God.

~ Psalm 38:15, NLT

I cried out to the Lord, and he answered me from his holy mountain.

~ Psalm 3:4, NLT

I took my troubles to the Lord; I cried out to him, and he answered my prayer.

~ Psalm 120:1, NLT

For our present troubles are small and won't last very long. Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever!

~ 2 Corinthians 4:17, NLT

Don't let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in me.

~ John 14:1, NLT


And this one drives me insane!

Ask me and I will tell you remarkable secrets you do not know about things to come.

~ Jeremiah 33:3, NLT

Insane because I truly felt like before I quit hearing from God, he was telling me REMARKABLE SECRETS about things to come. Not for me necessarily, but about things He was doing. And I went from a euphoric secret keeper to begging for a crumb. Aaaaaahhhhh... I guess I will keep asking and believe that answers and secrets will come again one day.

No comments: