Sunday, August 26, 2007

Keepin' It Real

I laughed today when I found this very honest, very real prayer in an old journal entry. It kind of tied in with "The Thrill of The Chase." I thought I'd be extremely transparent and post it just in case anyone needed to know that it's ok to pray what's really in your heart.

"God- why do I feel like such crap inside? I need more of You.
You’re kingdom- it’s coming. What am I going to do with my life?
Why am I letting everything be so hard? Yuck- it’s all I feel.
Am I doing anything at all that is real? Eternal Reality?
God, give me a heart that honors You.
I want to seek You with all of my heart. "

I've probably prayed similar prayers a million times, maybe worded a little more reverently... but these are the questions my heart is always asking. I have a feeling that somehow even in these moments that there is more going on than I can see. I think my roll in eternity is developing more every day even when I don't "feel" it. I'm just trying to keep it real!

LC


No comments: