Sunday, September 20, 2009

The Wandering Wonderers (I Miss God)

Much to my dismay, I have been less than diligent maintaining this blog. Surprisingly, I keep getting anonymous comments on one of my very first posts. It blows me away every time I get a notification. What is so interesting is the reason WHY people keep commenting. No lie, if you google "I miss God" my blog pops up in the search list. I keep e-finding myself in the company of many people who miss God. And though I don't know these people and am not likely to ever meet them, it's amazing how encouraging it is to feel surrounded by others walking through the same thing.

I still miss God.

I wish I could say things had changed. While I know God is near and He still reveals Himself in different ways to me, I still miss the way things used to be. And to be honest, I'm starting to think that things will never be the same. Nor am I sure that things should ever be the same. It's just an unnerving process.... still. What I thought was a "season" in my journey has turned into a "period." Yet still I wait.

The phrase that popped in my head when I thought of this community "The wandering wonderers." We google God. We haven't stopped searching for Him even in the most bizarre and technical ways.

If that's you out there, you're not alone. I'd love to hear from you. And even though we don't always "feel" it, I'm reminded:

The Lord is close to all who call on him, yes, to all who call on him in truth.

~ Psalm 145:18, NLT

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well guess what, I gogled 'I miss God' and found you. It is, as you say, reassuring to know that one is not ther only person feeling like this. I read His word as diligently as anybody and felt a real sense of nourishment from it. Sadly I am strugling to regain that feeling. Maybe I am missing something that is staring me in the face. What I will not do is give up. I must keep praying, keep persevering and let God take care of the details of my life that 'need sortin'. Thanks for your blog, keep up the good work x.